By Robert H. Holden
Armies with out Nations was once a CHOICE striking educational identify for 2005.
Read Online or Download Armies without Nations: Public Violence and State Formation in Central America, 1821-1960 PDF
Similar violence in society books
Perverts and Predators elaborates at the quite a few components that experience contributed to the passage of sexual offending legislation within the usa. Authors Lisa and Laura Zilney weave jointly a narrative of ways intercourse crimes legislation have been created via studying the altering roles of faith and the clinical neighborhood, providing theoretical reasons for intercourse offending from the original views of criminology and sexology.
How and why warfare and armed forces tradition have a demanding impression on households and reminiscence
This e-book takes a brand new attitude on a much-studied phenomenon, focusing on the function of domination and id development, realizing and self-knowledge, ethical transformation and the social group, structures of teaching and hierarchy utilized by education, and the function they play in bullying. Exploring common narratives of worth inside of education (i.
Within the Nineteen Eighties, a sequence of kid intercourse abuse circumstances rocked the USA. the main recognized case was once the 1984 McMartin preschool case, yet there have been a couple of others to boot. by way of the latter a part of the last decade, the belief was once frequent that kid intercourse abuse had turn into a major challenge in the US.
- American War Machine: Deep Politics, the CIA Global Drug Connection, and the Road to Afghanistan (War and Peace Library)
- Transforming Conflict through Insight
- Terrorism, Political Violence, and Extremism: New Psychology to Understand, Face, and Defuse the Threat (Contemporary Psychology)
- Queer Postcolonial Narratives and the Ethics of Witnessing
- Identity, Reconciliation and Transitional Justice: Overcoming Intractability in Divided Societies
- Policing Wars: On Military Intervention in the Twenty-First Century (Rethinking Political Violence)
Additional info for Armies without Nations: Public Violence and State Formation in Central America, 1821-1960
Armies without Nations: Public Violence and State Formation in Central America, 1821-1960 by Robert H. Holden