By Stephane Mallat
The re-creation of this vintage publication offers the entire significant suggestions, concepts and purposes of sparse illustration, reflecting the main function the topic performs in cutting-edge sign processing. The booklet basically offers the normal representations with Fourier, wavelet and time-frequency transforms, and the development of orthogonal bases with quickly algorithms. The imperative idea of sparsity is defined and utilized to sign compression, noise aid, and inverse difficulties, whereas assurance is given to sparse representations in redundant dictionaries, super-resolution and compressive sensing applications.
* Balances presentation of the maths with functions to sign processing
* Algorithms and numerical examples are carried out in WaveLab, a MATLAB toolbox
New during this edition
* Sparse sign representations in dictionaries
* Compressive sensing, super-resolution and resource separation
* Geometric photograph processing with curvelets and bandlets
* Wavelets for special effects with lifting on surfaces
* Time-frequency audio processing and denoising
* photograph compression with JPEG-2000
* New and up-to-date exercises
A Wavelet travel of sign Processing: The Sparse approach, 3rd Edition, is a useful source for researchers and R&D engineers wishing to use the speculation in fields comparable to snapshot processing, video processing and compression, bio-sensing, clinical imaging, computing device imaginative and prescient and communications engineering.
Stephane Mallat is Professor in utilized arithmetic at École Polytechnique, Paris, France. From 1986 to 1996 he was once a Professor on the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences at ny college, and among 2001 and 2007, he co-founded and have become CEO of a picture processing semiconductor company.
application to JPEG 2000 and MPEG-4
Read or Download A Wavelet Tour of Signal Processing: The Sparse Way PDF
Similar discrete mathematics books
This publication surveys fresh advancements in numerical suggestions for international atmospheric types. it truly is established upon a set of lectures ready by way of prime specialists within the box. The chapters show the multitude of steps that ensure the worldwide atmospheric version layout. They surround the alternative of the equation set, computational grids at the sphere, horizontal and vertical discretizations, time integration tools, filtering and diffusion mechanisms, conservation homes, tracer delivery, and concerns for designing types for hugely parallel desktops.
Algebra und Diskrete Mathematik gehören zu den wichtigsten mathematischen Grundlagen der Informatik. Band 1 dieses zweibändigen Lehrbuchs liegt jetzt in korrigierter und erweiterter dritter Auflage vor und führt umfassend und lebendig in den Themenkomplex ein. Dabei ermöglichen ein klares Herausarbeiten von Lösungsalgorithmen, viele Beispiele, ausführliche Beweise und eine deutliche optische Unterscheidung des Kernstoffs von weiterführenden Informationen einen raschen Zugang zum Stoff.
This 1997 paintings explores the function of probabilistic tools for fixing combinatorial difficulties. those tools not just give you the technique of successfully utilizing such notions as attribute and producing capabilities, the instant procedure and so forth but additionally allow us to use the strong means of restrict theorems.
This can be a revised variation of McEliece's vintage, released with scholars in brain. it's a self-contained advent to all uncomplicated leads to the speculation of data and coding. This thought used to be built to accommodate the basic challenge of verbal exchange, that of reproducing at one aspect, both precisely or nearly, a message chosen at one other element.
- Paradigms of Combinatorial Optimization: Problems and New Approaches, Volume 2 (Iste)
- Mathematics of Quantum Computation (Computational Mathematics)
- The Geometry Toolbox for Graphics and Modeling
- Progress on Cryptography: 25 Years of Cryptography in China: 769 (The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science)
- Elements of Scientific Computing: 7 (Texts in Computational Science and Engineering)
Additional resources for A Wavelet Tour of Signal Processing: The Sparse Way
A Wavelet Tour of Signal Processing: The Sparse Way by Stephane Mallat